RECOMMENDED FOR ALL 79-82 MODELS USING STOCK GEARING (18 counter sprocket and 42 rear sprocket)
Tech Note: The '80 model originally used a 17 tooth countershaft sprocket and 102 link chain. You'll want to run the later model 18 tooth counter sprocket (42 toot rear sprocket) with 108 link chain as used on the '81-'82 models.
Tech Note: The '79 model will also benefit by going with the higher tech 530 chain/sprocket setup. All four model years are actually interchangeable so my recommendation is to go with the later model 530 x 108 link chain setup using an 18 tooth countershaft sprocket and 42 tooth rear sprocket ... stronger and longer lasting due to far less unsprung weight!
This 530 setup also allows you to order different rear sprocket sizes for either lowering or raising rpms at speed (email us for avail. sprocket sizes @ [email protected])...for example, if you wish to lower rpms approx. 400rpm while cruising at 65mph, you might want to choose a 38 rear tooth sprocket instead of the stock 42 tooth size
(HINT: Order our 105 link chain with 18 tooth countershaft and 38 tooth rear sprocket)
- Pro X-ring chain lasts 5-8 times longer than standard chain
- Provides two more lubricant pools than conventional O-rings for longer life
- Lubricated with specially formulated, vacuum-injected U-grease - locked in by tough Nitrite Butadine rubber X-rings
- Polished and shot-peened link plates
- High tensile strength ensures reliable performance